[GRUEDORF] Grue's Sully Updates Thread
Today’s update: I uploaded the verge repo to s3 and made a little accessor page!
…I don’t want random robots to access it so I’ll make it require a forum login cookie later. For the time being, ask me if you want the url!
Aaaaaaand… we’re back!
What did I do this week?
- I had verge-rpg.com hacked by Chinese spammers! (how do I know? because /root was owned by www-data and several websites were serving like a gig of Chinese spam.)
- I… have been resurrecting the box since. And now verge-rpg.com is back! But I’m nowhere near done.
At least I have nightly backups this time -_-
@bengrue (A week later, and I’m still repairing things with the new server -_-)
Aaaaand I’ve restored everything.
Also I fixed a css issue with the site theme that’s been bugging me!
OKay, and now https://repo.verge-rpg.com is publically available to anyone logged into this forum!
This week in Things I Can Talk About:
…I made a webapp for tracking whose turn it is for cleaning the litterbox in my house?
Look, I’m still playing catchup on tasks from all the setbacks from the server work and housework. I’m just about getting done with professional work and games work may continue apace shortly.
AND MOST OF THAT IS SECRET STILL
Also, although I can be a good graphic designer, there’s a difference between can and will.
I chose to stay “no”.
What have I been doing lately?
Making a custom C++ UI system for the current game project!
Basically bringing the concepts of Sully’s C#-based McGrender engine that Ustor and I have developed over the years and making it work in a C++ SDL2 context.
It’s going surprisingly well, but I’m annoyed I’ll have to make a drop down menu >: (
In the last two weeks I’ve:
- Fixed some bugs in Breaditor
- Been working on a event-driven C++ UI system
- Been learning unique_ptr<> for the first time to deal with fixing ownership/lifetime issues for said UI system!
- Lost 5 lbs (idk does that count?)