It didn’t! How about this screenshot of Mt Jujube’s exterior, art by Hyptosis!
Things I’ve done in the last week for [SullyRpg.com](link url)
Oh, and Gruedorf’s back. 2021 Forum Lyfe!!!1
This week’s update is a little less spectacular. I’ve done a bit, but I’m going to try and keep my GRUEDORFING to Sully-only for the time being.
Things I’ve done:
Did you know you can update for gruedorf MORE REGULARLY than once every 7 days?!
It’s true. Every valid entry just resets the counter to seven days from itself!
…anyways, here’s today’s valid entry!
I’ve worked on the Dungeon of Love’s Dance Studio setting up a lot of polish before the penultimate encounter.
** Probably more polish than is needed but whatever
I’ve also reworked the entire logging system so instead of just printing debug statements caveman-style to the console I can send them AAaaanywhere. (But for now they’re just going to the console.)
** Also I named this Logger “CaptainsLog()”. Because of the whole marine theme.
…see you within the next seven days!
Today’s update (slightly late, I got plenty done in the past seven days, I just had Keto Superfog Brain last night…)
The post-Big-Daddy-Bubba-Fight scene has it’s first pass! This is one of my favorite scenes in the game, Tons of editing and scripting need to be done to make it more dynamic than 300 raw lines of exposition, but progress is progress!
(Weird formatting note: Bubba’s text needs two spaces at the front of line 1 of any box and one space at the front of line 3 of any box to avoid the overwhelming power of his hat and shawl.)
I replaced hardcoded Portrait definitions with data-driven ones that were actively reloaded while in debug mode upon map reload!
And that’s it for Sully Stuff that I can talk about!
A week late and a weak post, but I got SOME work done:
Still plodding through the input menu stuff; just got a new xbox controller so I can test the XNA builtins and Overkill pointed me at some more generic controller code that’ll just, you know, work with generic gamepads?
Otherwise I’ve got it so bound keys now legitimately unbind! Yay! Now I need to make sure you can’t ever unbind the last keyboard binding for something, and… do the gamepad unbinding, and binding for both (have the if/else’s set up for it all, but it’s a lot of edge cases I… need to add more if/elses for!)
Oh and then I need to add loading and saving of all of this.
It’s been an annoying few weeks for me, but here’s some stuff I’ve done:
So. That’s… me.
Edit: oh, I also almost fixed the account verification/recovery stuff but that’s all tied into “wow it sucks these days.” So that’s… still in progress
@bengrue Update: I think I fixed the website in the hackiest way possible.
I neither know why nodebb stopped serving the its critical js/css files, nor do I particularly care after spending way too long fixing them by stapling them into place.