[GRUEDORF] Grue's Sully Updates Thread
Today’s update: I uploaded the verge repo to s3 and made a little accessor page!
…I don’t want random robots to access it so I’ll make it require a forum login cookie later. For the time being, ask me if you want the url!
Aaaaaaand… we’re back!
What did I do this week?
- I had verge-rpg.com hacked by Chinese spammers! (how do I know? because /root was owned by www-data and several websites were serving like a gig of Chinese spam.)
- I… have been resurrecting the box since. And now verge-rpg.com is back! But I’m nowhere near done.
At least I have nightly backups this time -_-
@bengrue (A week later, and I’m still repairing things with the new server -_-)
Aaaaand I’ve restored everything.
Also I fixed a css issue with the site theme that’s been bugging me!
OKay, and now https://repo.verge-rpg.com is publically available to anyone logged into this forum!
This week in Things I Can Talk About:
…I made a webapp for tracking whose turn it is for cleaning the litterbox in my house?
Look, I’m still playing catchup on tasks from all the setbacks from the server work and housework. I’m just about getting done with professional work and games work may continue apace shortly.
AND MOST OF THAT IS SECRET STILL
Also, although I can be a good graphic designer, there’s a difference between can and will.
I chose to stay “no”.
What have I been doing lately?
Making a custom C++ UI system for the current game project!
Basically bringing the concepts of Sully’s C#-based McGrender engine that Ustor and I have developed over the years and making it work in a C++ SDL2 context.
It’s going surprisingly well, but I’m annoyed I’ll have to make a drop down menu >: (
In the last two weeks I’ve:
- Fixed some bugs in Breaditor
- Been working on a event-driven C++ UI system
- Been learning unique_ptr<> for the first time to deal with fixing ownership/lifetime issues for said UI system!
- Lost 5 lbs (idk does that count?)
Okay, okay, okay. I’ve been losing Gruedorf since the end of August. I promise I’ve been busy though:
I mean, October was a little light but LOOK at all those COMMITS!
Anyways, can’t talk about all that. Let’s see, what have I done?
Since the last update I’ve:
- Worked with Ustor to debug some pipeline issues building the Sully Demo
- Recruited Demo Beta Testers
- Set up infrastructure for testing feedback
- Done a bunch of legal stuff for the company
- Recruited an illustrator to work on the marketing assets for Sully
Wow, did you know there’s tons of stuff to game making that ISNT making games? I hate it!
Out of professional courtesy I won’t post WIPs of the marketing art. It’ll be done soon! :3
What have I been doing this week?
I’ve been turning my beefy windows machine into an automated build machine!
And boy is it frustrating!
Build automation tasks continue!
Did you know that github no longer provides free branch protection for private repos? It’s true!
Just $44/year for everyone who’s a collaborator if you want this useful feature!
…so if you got an email saying you were disconnected from one of my projects this week: I still love you.
@bengrue Update: I think I fixed the website in the hackiest way possible.
I neither know why nodebb stopped serving the its critical js/css files, nor do I particularly care after spending way too long fixing them by stapling them into place.
Breaditor UI Progress!