Man, I have committed SO many css crimes. But rest assured that the site is usable on a Galaxy Fold now.
...which has less horizontal resolution than VERGE 1.
The website work from last time was in preparation for a public demo!
Ustor and I are rushing on prepping one. He's done a buncha work (️) and I've bugtested... but also I've started working on various polish bits like... Opening Title Cards!
I had a previous WIP, but I really didn't like the direction it was going, so I've been working on some design ideation today!
Wanna see some sketches? Of course you do!
Did you know that "doodling" is work if you call it "design"?
Whoops, forgot to post.
Now, most of this effort was Ustor, but Thursday and Friday I also put in a bunch of work culminating in this:
...and now the work begins for the PUBLIC demo!
Today's update is pretty light unfortunately. Moslty I've been doing DaY jOb StUfF but in regards to Sully Endeavors I've... assisted in merging the Demo branch into Mainline and still that ended up being mostly John.
But I started.
...viva la Gruedorf.
No pretty screenshots yet!
What have I done in the last few days?
Started work on the keyboard/controller remapping features!
It's boring! It's needed! I'm doing it!
Okay so, I'm like a week late. Thankfully, I'm not losing yet again.
I'm STILL working on the key/button rebinding systems! I'm getting about 5-10 hours a week in on Sully right now and this looks like it was a 40-50 hour boi.
Currently I've augmented the systems for full subscription/unsubscription. Gayo didnt go the whole mile 10 years ago when he made XNAVERGE, but I can hardly blame him
It only works with actual xbox controllers atm and I need to figure THAT one out (probably need to use a different input library ultimately? Anyone have good c# recommendations for both win/mac?)
What's left on this feature, though?
The UI isn't yet completed. I'm past "choose a virtual key (i.e., up/down/confirm/cancel etc" and "choose unbind an existing key or bind a new key" and I'm past capturing diff'd keypresses. But now I have to go down about 6 if/else paths because this is a very edge conditiony problemspace. Like: "how about never unbind the last key for an action, lest you remove your ability to play the game or even fix the problem." Stuff like that.
I need to add savefile stuff for this all! Dehydration and rehydration, baby!
Anyways, I bet this is what my next post is about too. Alas.
A week late and a weak post, but I got SOME work done:
Still plodding through the input menu stuff; just got a new xbox controller so I can test the XNA builtins and Overkill pointed me at some more generic controller code that'll just, you know, work with generic gamepads?
Otherwise I've got it so bound keys now legitimately unbind! Yay! Now I need to make sure you can't ever unbind the last keyboard binding for something, and... do the gamepad unbinding, and binding for both (have the if/else's set up for it all, but it's a lot of edge cases I... need to add more if/elses for!)
Oh and then I need to add loading and saving of all of this.
28 Days later...
1: Been preoccupied by my day job; I decided to quit it to start focusing on Breadbros full time!
I'm done with the first pass on the input config!
It loads! It saves! It lets you rebind keyboards! It lets you rebind gamepads! It slices! It dices!
Now I'm moving on to another critical piece of infrastucture... THE INTERNATIONALIZATION SYSTEM.
Wish me luck!
Today was my last day at the day job!
In the past week I got the Plugin System loading resources from the APPDATA folder, and then started the dockable branch of breaditor to enable a UI overhaul to allow Great Things(tm).
I don't have anything pretty to show, sadly. I've been working on three things:
Again low on visible progress, but in the last 10 days I've:
Thanks to Daniel X Moore and Dan Fessler for collaborating pair-program style with me over the interwebnets!
Sorry I've been absent; my wife has also been v. sick with Mono. Mono is no joke, but at least it's not COVID.
(Get vaxx'd, kids!)