To provide insight into things being fixed as I fix them, I'll just post fixes to this thread.
Here is the current master list:
- User Banning
- Add auto spam-detection
- Team Manage - Add/Edit/Remove users
- Paginate File Search
- meta-thread regeneration after message deletion
- /screenshots/ (galleries)
- Add/edit galleries
- Uploading screenshots via the file details page doesn't seem to work right (test as a non-admin).
- gruedorf integration on main page
- sticky/unsticky/lock/unlock controls.
- Updating the forum stickies to be relevant again
- cleaning up the FAQ
- Welcome Email is currently out of date.
needs to be added to the docs.
- get large file uploads working (Lexico and Mademoiselle need to be on the site finally!)
- account recovery problems
- message owner editing/deleting issues
- looking into a new theme?
- "more" links on the "newest X" boxes.
- preview for message posting.
- custom messageboard reordering needs to be more intuitive
- logins seem to be expiring sooner than desired (not critical, but annoying)
- /tutorials/overkill/ExploringV3/ :(
- multiple edits seem to be ignored?! :(
- less-than in an edit will cut the display off.
- "newest post" links should link to the right paginator page and #jump to the newest post.
- Greater-than and less-than signs are stripped from forum posts rather than being escaped. Or maybe it's alert('test'); worse than we think (test of script tag)?
- but can we get [list] tags, or auto-transform lines that start with * into bullet points? It's one of those relatively minor formatting niceties.
- Also it'd be nice to be a way to link to specific post in a thread by referencing its id with a # in a link. I think the old forums allowed this.
- http://verge-rpg.com/downloads/view/kittens-pop-tarts-a-goats-com-game vs http://verge-rpg.com/downloads/kittens-pop-tarts-a-goats-com-game (this needs canonicalization.)
- autolinks need rel="nofollow"
Docs related things:
* Can't create a new document or tutorial currently. Once that's fixed, I will port On the Verge of Verging to the new docs system.
* Creating a new subsection under a section in a document will fail, although creating a section works fine, and then so does moving it into/underneath another section.
* The <code> tag's padding causes the box to overlap other lines of text. This makes it hard to read things.
* The <ul> tag doesn't indent further when nesting lists.
* Old <pre> code in doc comments, in addition to being outdated has double-spacing or quadruple-spacing going on. It also seems like the code in comments is a tad dark, too.
* There seem to be missing functions in the v3 manual. For instance LoadSound/PlaySound aren't under the "Sound/Music Functions" page of the manual for some reason. The section http://verge-rpg.com/docs/the-verge-3-manual/sound-music-functions
and the sidebar of http://verge-rpg.com/docs/the-verge-3-manual/sound-music-functions/getsongpos
* There should be a way to view all subsections of a particular section, because not every section page links to their subsections (or all of them) in their text body. You can find subsections by doing next/previous, but it isn't obvious that there would be other pages there sometimes.
Here's something fun: layer.visible - Toggles visibility of a layer. [0/1].
Thatů appears to not have anything in the code referencing it.
it's HVar is set up, but reading causes a crash and writing causes a crash.
same with layer.w and layer.h
which seem redundant.